Rest

Hello. Welcome one, welcome all. I hope you are all well. I have been particularly brave this week. I have had a tooth removed and I got through the whole thing without crying or illegal drugs (or both). It’s all very high tech these days isn’t it? I didn’t even feel the needle going in – which is more than I can say about the Covid Booster.

I was doing a bit of housekeeping on the blog this week and, believe it or not, I’ve been at this since 2009. It’s a long time that. And that is one of the reasons that, for now, I’m going to put it down for a while.

There’s a lot going on at the moment (nothing health related – don’t panic) and it has become harder and harder to put this together. Believe it or not, I do put quite a bit of work into it. You may have looked back at some of the drivel and been surprised by that but I do. I want to have a go at other things. More writing possibly – I don’t know.

I’m quite a shy person really and I have to tell you, it has been a complete privilege to write down things I wanted to say and have people want to react and comment and – even better sometimes – find other blogs to read and chat on. I’m still intending to be lurking in the background, reading everyone’s blogs and commenting and I’ll probably be a bit more active on Social Media. Lots of the stuff that has happened on here has been very precious to me. This is the first place that anyone told me that it was ok to be angry about the way a Christian had treated me. Also, here I have spoken about Aged Parent – both the humour and the pain – in a way I rarely could face to face.

I fully intend to come and have another look at this in the New Year and it may return in a different form but, for now, I’m putting it down.

So thank you all so much everyone. Thanks for reading this. Thanks for comments. Thanks for behind the scenes emails and friendships. I have met some of you and there have been some I wished I could meet. I still might do that.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone – if Boris allows it. Speak soon.

1. Anne
    November 21, 2021 / 9:57 pm

Sorry to read you are not going to continue with the blog,I for one enjoy reading your outlook on life but do understand that sometimes you need to stop and take stock. Take care of yourself.

2. November 22, 2021 / 7:23 am

I have enjoyed reading your blog so much, but I know that sometimes it just takes so much effort to write. Please look after yourself (I’m glad it isn’t “health reasons” – but hope that there isn’t too much emotional stress behind your hiatus) A week staying with Aged Auntie made me think of you., and pray for you to have all the resources and patience you need (I can’t call her AA, that’s my initials) Drop me an email sometime if you have a moment. I’d so hoped to meet up while we were in Dorset, it was on my 2020 to do list (Pilgrim Fathers anniversary trip to Plymouth & see Lesley) but that went kaput with the Pandemic. God bless you dear friend. ♥️♥️☺️☺️⭐⭐

3. Angela Almond
    November 22, 2021 / 7:23 am

PS trying not to envy you for having a dentist!!

4. Kirsten
    November 22, 2021 / 8:45 am

Oh, I will miss you and your perspicacious (there’s a good word, must use it more often!) outlook! I’m always excited to see a post from you come up; a good read with my morning coffee. But yes, I can appreciate needing a break from time to time.
    Will be wishing you and your family well. And congratulations on your bravery re dentist!

5. November 22, 2021 / 9:27 am

It’s good to step back every now and then. I always gain something from reading your post and will miss you. (and news of AP( Stay safe and well.

6. sue partridge
    November 22, 2021 / 7:07 pm

I will miss you. Always some interesting and often funny comments on the world in general. Love your slightly sceptical attitude to ‘religion’ and religious people. Ver sensible to know when it is time to stop or at least pause. I hope it is only a pause and we hear from you again. God Bless

7. December 7, 2021 / 9:32 am

As others have said I will miss your blogging – I always look forward to reading your posts. You are so sensible about your faith – that truly is meant as a compliment !! However if it feels like now is the time to take a break then it is indeed right. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Hopefully you will feel it is rigght to return sometime. May God hold you in the palm of his hand.