So “Christian Voice” tweeted this. I hesitated to give this any publicity but I think I need to let anyone with a passing interest know that how stupid I think this is.
Where to start?
- What part of that sentence can you ever, ever imagine Jesus Tweeting?
- “Turning Gay”? Seriously? Who writes your tweets? Queen Victoria?
- When did positioning yourself as a “Christian Lobby group” give anyone the right to become an Internet troll – because that is what this is.
- You ain’t lobbying for me mate. Not in my name. I’d be grateful if you could find another word than Christian to put in your title. You have brought the name into disrepute.
- How is this Christian? To grubbily rejoice in someone’s failure?
- It’s not even logical – apart from there being lots of gay medal winners in Team GB – why, for instance would God punish Tom Daley but reward Nicola Adams or the Richardson-Walshes in the Women’s Hockey Team? It’s just embarrassing.
- Tom Daley had a bad day and the correct Christian response is that of the Samaritan who bears up and heals wounds.
Your sir or madam are a buffoon and should be issuing a profuse apology. *Blogger smacks Tweeter on each cheek with kid glove and turns on her heels in disgust*