I have been away from blogging. It was very rude to leave without a by your leave. This is not a Northern thing to do. I apologise. In my defence I have had a month and a half – in a month – all squashed in.
- FOW1 has had a friend to stay for a weekend. Not that I was involved much in that but my job was to keep the bathroom clean which turned out to be a full time job.
- We had a very welcome invasion from Northern type relatives for a few days.
- All members of family, except, me hit milestone birthdays – 18, 21 and 60. You can work out for yourself which is which.
- We have had leave from work and also been to London to see lots of theatre and cinema and history and shopping and stuff. And eating. Lots and lots of eating – trash mostly.
- Went to London with HOH-ON OUR OWN . Mooched around in a lovely romantic way without teenagers five yards behind asking where Bella Italia is.
- FOW2 got her A level results. AAA* since you ask – thank you very much.
It has been so busy. A more organised person would have blogged every day and kept you abreast of developments. I meant to, I really did. Instead, I kept guiltily looking at my laptop in the corner staring at me like a puppy I hadn’t fed. (I have no idea why I wrote that, I have never not fed a puppy)
I have also been brave and booked for a writers’ day in London in October. I don’t really do things like this but really wanted to go so I went for it. Can always pull out (no, no I won’t – almost certainly not)
So if you are still there, thank you. I shall attempt to continue as things were before the month that has just passed intervened. Can’t say I am sorry though. We had a great month!